Join us this Sunday January 13th at 10:45am. This week Steve Kaye will be bringing us the message with Liz Pearce leading the music. Everyone welcome, of all ages.
If you are a member here at KSBC, don’t forget the church meeting following the service, lunch is provided.
Happy New Year! All are welcome to join us this Sunday January 6th for our Epiphany service as we celebrate the coming of the kings to visit Jesus as a baby. Do we know there were three kings? And were they actually kings or were they philosophers or ‘wise men’? When did they visit? Our Minister Sally Sago will explore the story from 10:45am. All welcome of all ages.
Join us this Sunday December 30th for a cafe style service as 2018 draws to a close and we reflect on the year. We start at 10:45am. All ages welcome.
Looking for a short Christmas Day service? Join us at King Street Baptist Church at 10am for 45 minutes as our Minister Sally Sago leads us in celebration of the birth of Jesus. All welcome, young or old.
Questions for week beginning December 16th 2018
These are some questions you may like to discuss in your group or consider individually following the sermon this week. It is not intended that you consider all of them in one sitting and it is suggested that alternatively you could use them as a daily devotional throughout the week.
1. The story of the birth of John the Baptist is told in Luke 1:5-25, 57-80. What similarities and what differences are there with the birth of Jesus? What facts help us to see God’s divine hand at work?
2. Read the accounts of John the Baptist in the gospels; Matthew 3:1-17, Mark 1:1-15, Luke 3:1-20, John 1:6-34.
How do you picture him? How would you describe him? What was his purpose and what can we learn from him?
3. Share your testimony, of either your conversion or a time when God spoke to you that had an impact on your life and faith, with someone else and experience being a witness for Jesus.
4. What are you praying for this Christmas?
5. How can we be good witnesses for the kingdom of God? Choose one thing to work on with God to improve your witness to others in the next two months.
6. Give a word of encouragement or appreciation to someone every day this week.
Join us this Sunday December 16th for our third week in this season of Advent. We are very excited to be having a baptism in the baptistry pool this morning. Our Minister Sally Sago will be giving a short talk, and she will be leading the music alongside Liz Pearce. Adults, children and young people are all welcome. We start at 10:45am.