All welcome to join us at King Street Baptist Church this Sunday March 17th when Liz Pearce will be bringing us the message as part of our Lent series. As a church we are studying Jesus’ story in the gospel of Matthew as we approach Easter. Music will be led by Sally Sago and the band. Our time together includes communion. Everyone welcome, adults, young people and children.
One more day to go, come and hear Finny’s story through song and testimony, 7pm Saturday 16th. Refreshments in the interval and CDs available, all donations to Finny’s work in prisons.
Please join us this Sunday March 10th as our Minister Rev Sally Sago kicks off our Lent series. As a church we are studying Jesus’ story in the gospel of Matthew as we approach Easter. Everyone welcome, adults, young people and children. We start at 10:45am and finish around 12:15, and we are located opposite W H Smith in the King Street pedestrianised area of Thetford, postcode IP24 2AP.
Our worship this Sunday 3rd March is at Burlington Baptist Church in Ipswich in the afternoon, 3pm, for the ordination of Sally Sago to Baptist Ministry. This is where she received the call to serve as a Minister, hence why this is where the ordination service is being held. All welcome if you can make the journey to Ipswich. There is no service at King Street.
These are some questions you may like to discuss in your group or consider individually following the sermon this week. It is not intended that you consider all of them in one sitting, and you could use or or two of them at a time as a daily devotional throughout the week.
On February 24th we focussed on Psalm 23.
1. Read Psalm 23 perhaps in a different version or translation and see what differences there are. You may like to look at the NIV, The Message, The Amplified, the ESV and the King James. If you download your bible you can easily access these different versions otherwise you may have them as books on your shelves. What do you think of this psalm? Is there anything in particular that stands out for you?
2. Why do you think David wrote this psalm and why is it so popular?
3. The verses say ‘he makes me lie down……he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul’ How often do you set aside extra quiet time rather than just your daily devotional times so that you can be deeply refreshed? Why is it important do you think?
4. God promises to be with us through the darkest valleys. Encourage others by sharing a time you walked with the Lord through a difficult time and how he saw you through.
5. What comfort do you get from knowing God is full of goodness and love?
6. What do you think dwelling in the house of the Lord forever will be like?
7. Try to share God’s assurance from this psalm with someone this week.
Please join us this Sunday February 24th for cafe style church, which will be led by our Minister Sally Sago. Tea, coffee, cake etc will be available throughout as we do activities together sitting around tables. Everyone welcome, adults, young people and children. We start at 10:45am and finish around 12:15.
Please join us this Sunday February 17th when our service will include communion. Our Minister Sally Sago will be bringing us this week’s message, and will also be leading the band. Everyone welcome, we cater for adults, children and young people. We start at 10:45am.