During our current sermon series ‘Joseph: The BIG Picture Guy’ we are posting weekly questions to help you think about the scripture passage. On Week 5 on Sunday 21st October we looked at Genesis 41:1-40. We invite you to use some or all of the following questions as you consider the scripture and sermon:
1. How well do we practise gratitude and thankfulness? Spend time thinking about our church text, Colossians 2:6-7.
How are you walking with it at the moment. Is it helpful?
Is Jesus Lord of all your life? What areas are difficult to let him rule over? Relationships, Finances, Physical body, Thoughts and emotions, Work, Spiritual Life, Possessions?
2. We saw this week that Joseph was a credible man. Think of people who you regard as being credible.
What it is it about them that makes you regard them in this way? How well do we identify credibility and incredibility in others?
3. Joseph spoke about his God, to an unbeliever, boldly, with confidence when he was given the opportunity.
How well do we speak when we have the opportunity? What would help you to be more confident?
4. Can you think of a time when God used you as part of his plan? Or have you seen him use others?
5. Discuss the words Redeemed, Restored, Rescued, Rewarded, Raised up, in terms of your Christian faith and your life.
6. Sharing the gospel is a way of being incarnational. Human but engaging in the divine plan of God. Taking God into our neighbourhood, into our everyday lives. In what ways can we do this? Share ideas or situations where this is happening. Imagine new possibilities.
Remember someone this week. Call or visit them, send a card, give a gift. Practice kindness, gratitude and thankfulness.