These are some questions you may like to discuss in your group or consider individually following the sermon this week. It is not intended that you consider all of them in one sitting, and you could use or or two of them at a time as a daily devotional throughout the week.
On February 24th we focussed on Psalm 23.
1. Read Psalm 23 perhaps in a different version or translation and see what differences there are. You may like to look at the NIV, The Message, The Amplified, the ESV and the King James. If you download your bible you can easily access these different versions otherwise you may have them as books on your shelves. What do you think of this psalm? Is there anything in particular that stands out for you?
2. Why do you think David wrote this psalm and why is it so popular?
3. The verses say ‘he makes me lie down……he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul’ How often do you set aside extra quiet time rather than just your daily devotional times so that you can be deeply refreshed? Why is it important do you think?
4. God promises to be with us through the darkest valleys. Encourage others by sharing a time you walked with the Lord through a difficult time and how he saw you through.
5. What comfort do you get from knowing God is full of goodness and love?
6. What do you think dwelling in the house of the Lord forever will be like?
7. Try to share God’s assurance from this psalm with someone this week.