Sunday September 20th: Thanksgiving service in the church and Communion
We are planning and hoping to return to the building for Sunday services from September 20th. This Sunday will be our Harvest Thanksgiving service which we will be using to give thanks for the completion of The Building Project and God’s provision throughout the last year. Do not bring any goods. We were planning a picnic in the park afterwards but in the light of the new rules for social gatherings (maximum six people) this will not be able to go ahead. ☹
We do hope to be able to stream the service live on zoom as we do now for those who cannot attend. Please use the usual link, or open the Zoom app and join meeting ID 783-401-931. You will be able to connect from 10.30am for a prompt 10:45am start. . If you have any problems getting set up there is more information here .
If you are joining us in the building there are many things that will be different and with this in mind here is a guide as to what to expect and with which you will need to comply.
- You will need to tell us by Wednesday 16th September if you are attending, so that we can arrange seating in household groups
- Let us know if you have booked and then are not intending to use your place so others can be offered a seat, as capacity is limited
- Do not attend if you have any symptoms of Coronavirus
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer lifts
- You will need to wear a mask/face covering and keep socially distant at all times
- Hand sanitiser will be available on entry and exit
- There will be a one-way system in and out of church
- You will be shown to your seat and should not leave your seat or interact with others
- Singing unfortunately is not permitted and everything will be led from the front
- Please try if possible, not to use the toilets. Only the disabled toilet will be in use and a steward will be available to advise on its safe use.
- There will be no refreshments. Please bring any water with you if needed.
- The kitchen will be closed and not accessible
- Please ensure you take all your own rubbish with you when you leave
- You will be asked to leave straight after the service has ended and a steward will direct the process of everyone leaving. We are not permitted to socialise in any way following the service in the church.
All that being said it will be fantastic to open our building for worship and to be able to gather together again as an expression of church in the town centre.
To book your seat please contact Liz P by phone or email email@example.com